Wednesday, January 17, 2007

"Upon a secret journey
I met a holy man
His blindness was his wisdom
I'm such a lonely man

And as the world was turning
It rolled itself in pain
This does not seem to touch you
He pointed to the rain

And on the days that followed
I listened to his words
I strained to understand him
I chased his thoughts like birds

You will see light in the darkness
You will make some sense of this
And when you've made your secret journey
You will find this love you miss..."

One of my absolute most favorite songs, ever (which includes another song from the same band that most people have probably never heard - two, actually, all three from the same album... well, one song is actually an outtake from it, but still (edit: actually, that whole album is one of the most awesome things ever recorded))... Makes me feel 12, again... I don't know why it came to me this morning (in a dream)... well... yes I do... but I woke up from an incredibly deep sleep at about 10 and haven't been able to get it out of my head, since... I tried playing it... then playing it on my guitar... walked around downtown for a while... still with me...

My brain is fuckin' awesome, sometime.