Thursday, April 29, 2010

My new guitar is awesome... The electronics leave the tiniest bit to be desired (would have liked a mid-sweep), but as far as playability goes... just absolutely awesome. I've had a couple weeks to play on it, now... and now that I've got the setup on it right, it feels damn near perfect. I spent all night last night playing... probably the longest stretch of playing I've done in a few years. Jumped around to three different guitars through the night... all kinds of crazy tunings... I think I may have invented a couple along the way, just for shits. I didn't really get around to lay down any real tracks or anything, but I did get a couple ideas onto the LoopStation for reference and future tinkering... which is always good.

Now if I can clear out some of the clutter from my biscuit and find some real time to devote to playing and writing and really being "musical," again... I've done some good stuff, recently, but it was more of a "man, I've gotta get this out before it wrecks me" kind of cathartic thing... I want to write around different kinds of feelings, now... I wanna make some REAL fuckin' noise... hearing that Clint is as happy as he's ever been and back to a really good place in his life (still pissed that I couldn't get to Louisville last Thursday)... I dunno... it's sort of inspiring in a way. Even if I'm not where I wanna be or could be or should be at the moment, I can and should always be able to take something good from other good people's happiness...