Friday, January 20, 2006

I am actually quite looking forward to Underworld: Evolution... I hope I won't be disappointed. I'm not sure how I could... I mean, Underworld was easily the best "vampire" movie in the last twenty years, or so... well, whenever The Lost Boys was out. Well, there have been some pretty okay ones in between... Fright Night and From Dusk Till Dawn both were pretty entertaining, as well.
I saw a movie recently called The Twins Effect starring a couple of really cute Hong Kong pop stars that was actually pretty entertaining, as well... The acting wasn't great, the story wasn't the best thing I had ever seen, but the fight sequences and some of the special effects were very entertaining... not to mention a five minute cameo by Jackie Chan - did anyone realize that he could sing rather well (he does the theme song with the Twins)?
I really can't stand that Anne Rice stuff, though... and Tom Cruise as Lestat was ridiculous... and that Queen of the Damned thing was atrocious (both in print and on the screen)... Likewise, I didn't care for Bram Stoker's Dracula in the slightest, either... I mean, the book is incredible... but that movie... and I like Gary Oldman, too... but that movie...
Anyhow, here's to hoping that Underworld: Evolution kicks some of the same ass that its predecessor did. And maybe Kate Beckensale will get naked in this one, too... or nearly... please?

No comments: