Monday, September 19, 2005

I used to like the (Cincinnati) Bengals when I was a little kid... They usually sucked, but I liked them. When I was in the 2nd grade, I discovered the (Washington) Redskins and the Bengals took a second seat... because they usually sucked and the Redskins were kickass. Yeah, the two years the Bengals went to the Super Bowl, I was right there cheering them on... but y'know, that's how it goes. (Another inherent problem is that I'm also a bit of a Pittsburgh Steelers fan... bitter rivals of said Bengals)
The last time they were any good was probably 1989... I've noticed in the last couple years that they've been progressing rather well into a legitimate football team... and I'll be damned if they're not actually pretty good this year. They took enough lumps the last few years to warrant themselves some good draft picks... to the point where they've put together a pretty good team for a change... and I've found myself liking them once again and wanting to see good things happen for them... well, in all fairness, I've always "liked" them... but they sucked...
Time for some results... just get into the playoffs this year... I don't care if they lose in the first round... but just get there.

No comments: