Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Two years ago this morning, my father passed away. He had a stroke on the night of May 25th (a few days after his 65th birthday) and several more strokes in the days that followed.

He was unconcious for many days... I was with him when he woke up for the first time... I had just put in a CD of his favorite music (the Four Freshmen) - as I turned around and the first notes of the CD played... he opened his eyes and looked right at me... It was a nice feeling, considering he had been unconcious for nearly a week previously...

He never regained the ability to speak before he passed away... I always wanted to ask him what happened that night he had his stroke... where it all "went wrong" for him... the last thing he remembered before it happened... all that stuff that only he could answer... but y'know... never had the chance to. It kinda pisses me off... go figure.

No comments: