Monday, September 28, 2009

sleeping beauty

So delusional,
I believed I could cure it all
for you, dear
Coax or trick or drive or
drag the demons from you
Make it right for you, Sleeping Beauty,
Truly thought I could magically heal you

You're far beyond a visible
Sign of your awakening
Failing miserably to rescue
Sleeping Beauty

Drunk on ego,
Truly thought I could make it right if I
kissed you one more time to
help you face the nightmare, but you're
far too poisoned for me
Such a fool to think that I could
wake you from your slumber
That I could actually heal you

Sleeping Beauty
Poisoned and hopeless

You're far beyond a visible
Sign of your awakening
Failing miserably to
Find a way to comfort you
Far beyond a visible
Sign of your awakening,
Hiding from some poisoned memory

Poisoned and hopeless,
Sleeping Beauty...