Thursday, March 15, 2007

Being ill at work sucks... I forgot how annoying a runny nose could be until I had to look down every few seconds... for about eight hours...

So, I went the Zicam route... I figured it was better for my blood pressure (I check it every now and then and what used to be pretty normal has turned into what might be described as "pre-prehypertension." That is, it's just elevated a tad... which might be the new "normal" for me... I mean that whole 120/80 thing was kinda abandoned some years back as being the "normal" standard... Just like everything, I'm sure it depends more on the person than anything else). Anyhow, it seems that Zicam is basically a couple forms of zinc... I was going to get the q-tip-type devices that you stick up your nose, but opted for the melty-lozenge-type devices... They say they're "citrus-flavored," which they are, but they're more chaky like a three year-old regular Tums, or something... and they kinda make my mouth and throat feel strange while they dissolve (they're probably radioactive or something)... It didn't really do much for me while I was at work... I was too busy working my ass off to relax and try to feel any kind of better... So I was pretty miserable, but now, after being home a while and having another melty lozenge thing, I guess I may feel a little better... And a good thing about it is that, like, I'm not sitting here feeling my heartbeat in my fingertips from Comtrex... So, after some time where I wasn't sure it was doing anything... I think it may... MAY be doing something, after all. I hope so, because that shit was sure expensive.

What sucks worse than being ill at work is being ill on a day off... If I didn't have to teach in the evening, I'd probably just stay in bed all day and drink orange juice and watch tv... but I can't... because people need to learn and I need to show them some of the things I know...