Monday, February 06, 2006

I'm a little concerned that Hollywood is becoming less and less capable of making ORIGINAL MOVIES. It seems like every time I turn around, there's another remake of a classic hitting the theaters. It just doesn't make sense. I've always liked Steve Martin... but him and Beyonce Knowles in a remake of The Pink Panther??? Well, I suppose it has to be better than Cedric the Entertainer doing Ralph Kramden The Honeymooners... I can almost understand the Disney remakes to a point... I mean, updating Herbie the Love Bug and The Shaggy Dog so that little kids of today will enjoy them kinda makes a little sense, but the kids should still see the originals and bask in the glory that was Disney at its most glorious, and not the strange machine it has become in recent years...
There always has been and always will be remakes... but the pace at which they are appearring is becoming a bit disturbing in that I think Hollywood would rather just rehash old movies that come up with fresh ideas... Time to stock up on my book collection, I guess.

No comments: