Saturday, January 17, 2004

If Von Dutch were still alive, I doubt his relatives still would be...

I was flipping the channels the other day, and came across comedian Tracy Morgan on the Ellen DeGeneres Show... He was wearing a Von Dutch "trucker hat" (that reprtedly goes for about 50 bucks in stores, for about two bucks worth of materials)... My thought was does Tracy morgan have a clue who Von Dutch was? Well, for those of you who don't know, Von Dutch was a guy who custom-painted cars back in the '50s... he was also one of the featured artists in CarToons magazine for many years, a magazine that I always dug growing up... Von Dutch was also a raging alcoholic, psychotic racist... He "was not fond of" black people and wasn't afraid to let other people know it, either... He died several years ago, and his family licensed out his name to a line of clothing worn by a bunch of celebrities that can afford to wear the stuff (140 bucks for a pair of jeans is just fucking stupid)... But the whole raging racist thing led me to believe that Tracy pretty much didn't have a clue whose name he had on the hat he was wearing... which just made me sigh and think that he's stupid...
Dutch was also known to have a gun with him wherever he went... If he were still alive, I have a feeling he would use it to shoot everyone in his money-grubbing family...

No comments: