Thursday, December 25, 2003

Okay... I'm totally confused... I am trying to figure out the correct order of the Hellraiser series: This is the best I can come up with -

Hellraiser
Hellbound: Hellraiser II
Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth
Hellraiser (IV): Bloodline
Hellraiser (V): Inferno
Hellraiser VI: Hellseeker


Is that right? I know there's a Hellraiser VII: Deader and a Hellraiser VIII: Hellworld but haven't heard much about 'em other than Kari Wurher is in VII and Lance Henrikson is in VIII.
Of course, I am only really a huge fan of the first two. After Clive Barker left the series, they kinda went in a strange direction...
III was just a slasher flick to me...
IV was kinda cool, in that it explored the history (and future) of the creator of the puzzle box's "bloodline."
V was a very good story, but it didn't strike me as a Hellraiser story... Well, in all honesty, it was pretty cool in that it was a look at all the sufferring of one of the box solvers... I liked it, but I had trouble seeing it as a "Hellraiser movie."
VI was actually probably the best Hellraiser since the first two, honestly... It features the return of "Kirsty" (Ashley Laurence) from the first two movies, and has a pretty cool "mystery-thing" going on. It definitely floated my boat, as far as my "Hellraiser Jones" goes... I'm wondering if I can find the next two on DVD, anywhere (as I understand, they were shot back to back in Romania, and VIII was supposed to have been released in early October - I don't think there's been a theatrical Hellraiser release since IV)...
If anyone knows anything else about the latest two, let me know in my comments section, maybe? Thanks...

No comments: