Monday, December 09, 2002

Every year, I tell myself that I'm not gonna get tripped out by all the completely insane Christmas shoppers, and I'm not gonna go out the day after Thanksgiving and shop... and it seems that for the past few years, the day after Thanksgiving, I have ended up in stores... surrounded by completely insane Christmas shoppers. Luckily this year, though, I got a chance to get a little bit of Christmas shopping done, like, right after Halloween... Why am I even talking about this? Well, I was out in the middle of Christmas shopping madness again this morning... and, well, they weren't as insane as right after Thanksgiving, but nonetheless... some people in full on Christmas shopping madness mode... and oh my GOD, the music that was playing in one of the stores I was in... quasi-hip-hop remakes of legitimate Christmas songs... I was thoroughly disgusted... I mean, if I'm gonna be forced to listen to Christmas songs, howsabout AT LEAST traditional versions? Britney Spears singing an incredibly shitty remake of "Silent Night" is not what I call a Christmas song (although, if you wanna stuff her in my stocking, that'd be cool).

No comments: